Washington Township was incorporated in 1856, a small township that was formed from 50.1 square miles of land between Wayne and Pine Grove Townships. Home to parts of Sweet Arrow Lake and Swatara Creek, Washington Township is also known for being home to two of the county’s remaining covered bridges located in Rock, that cross over the Lower Little Swatara Creek.
In 1880 Washington Township’s population was approximately 1,354 residents, the 2000 census recorded 2,750 residents, the 2010 census recorded 3,033 residents and the 2020 census has the township growing with 3,130 residents.
Board of supervisors
elected tax collector
Washington Township has not increased the tax mills since 2008.
Spring Tax bills include: County & Township, real estate & per capita
Fall Tax bills include: School District real estate & occupation tax
Term ends 2025
Term ends 2027
Term ends 2023